- to acknowledge the sources of your information
- to avoid plagiarism
- to allow reader to verify your claims
- to lead reader to more information from your sources
- to give credibility to you work
Why APA style of citation?
- This style is usually used in the field of social sciences.
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
Call no.: BF 76.7P83 2010 (Reserve Section)
- Basics of APA Style
Discusses the basic rules of APA style.
- What’s New in Sixth edition
What are the changes in the sixth edition of thePublication Manual.
Additional Useful Sites
- APA Exposed: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About APA Format but Were Afraid to Ask,
by Wendy K. Mages
Online narrated tutorial covering the basics of APA style.
- Principles of Paraphrasing
Developed by Wendy K. Mages
Online tutorial on how to avoid inadvertent plagiarism in three easy modules
- Purdue OWL
Discusses examples for the general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference page.
- Hits: 385